


When Charlotte came downstairs that morning and found me, I said "Happy Easter!" and she said "It's a pretty silly Easter. Look at all that snow!". How astute!
That's right! We had snow on Easter...again! Notice Ellie's lovely boots (after we spent so much time trying to find decent little girl white shoes). And were we glad she wore them! It was super slushy outside church. We almost thought we weren't going to make it, since the snowplows don't seem to run on Sundays. But we did, and it was a great service. Ellie got to be in big church with us. We sat up close to the front on the side with the organ and the timpani drums. She belted out those songs so wholeheartedly, of course I was in tears! Too beautiful! Wish you all could have been there to celebrate with us.
Afterward we went to The Egg & I and watched the snow cover the cars while we had our Easter brunch. Then home to an Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt that had to be adjusted since some of the hidden items were supposed to be out on the deck. How many Easter's do you get to have bowls of snow topped with jelly beans?! Definitely an Easter to remember.
And can you believe it's Thursday and both girls still have more than half their chocolate bunnies left?!
2 comments:
My girls (well, Lydia & Rebekah) have those same dresses. And, I thought The Egg & I was a local Minnesota place? Weird. It's like we're living the same life . . . ok, not quite, but still . . .
I miss you.
Have a great weekend!
Shana
Oh, how California longs to give you warm sunny Easter's on the deck :-)
Your creativity is amazing! You are a master at making lemonade out of lemons!!
Post a Comment